When you were a child, you were constantly told about how regular milk was the best health drink. But have you ever wondered that if there was anything that was actually healthier than that?
Yes! There is something that’s far more beneficial and the drink is called Acidophilus Milk. This drink is not only different from cow’s milk in terms of flavor and texture but also tastier and
far more beneficial for your health. Also known as sweet acidophilus milk or Probiotic milk, this drink gets its name because of the presence of healthy bacteria known as the Lactobacillus acidophilus. This bacterium imparts it a tangy flavor and thickened texture.
Currently, acidophilus milk has gained popularity because of low fat content. It is also a healthier alternative for people with lactose intolerance or digestion problems. The shelf life of acidophilus milk is quite longer than the ordinary milk and is prepared by a process similar to the production of yogurt, except that it is less thick than yogurt. To prepare it, bacteria is inoculated with sterile milk and left at warm temperature. This triggers bacterial growth that consumes lactose in the milk and gives in a tangy taste.
Sweet Acidophilus Milk Benefits
A lot of people may think – What is acidophilus milk? And what makes it different from regular milk?
Well, the answers are right here. The sweet acidophilus milk is low in fat, tangier and lactose-free due to the presence of Lactobacillus acidophilus, a healthy bacterium (Probiotic) that aids in digestion. The low fat acidophilus milk has many health benefits and is especially known for prevention of allergies.
Believe it or not, this sweet acidophilus milk is healthier than your normal milk. Have a look!
- Many individuals have problems in consuming ordinary milk because of a medical condition known as Lactose Intolerance, because of which their bodies are unable to process lactose protein found in dairy products. The undigested lactose is a popular cause of gastrointestinal problems such as gas and bloating. In that case the sweet acidophilus milk can help them and also solve bowel discomfort.
- The consumption of low fat acidophilus milk is quite beneficial, since it is a probiotic drink and it prevents infectious diseases, especially the ones that are gastrointestinal in nature, due to the presence of Lactobacillus acidophilus bacterium.
- The sweet acidophilus milk has low fat content making it beneficial for those who want to control the cholesterol level or maintain steady blood pressure and check diabetes mellitus.
- When consumed with proper medication, sweet acidophilus milk can be very helpful in the treatment of diseases like typhoid, migraine, urological disorders and infections and even pneumonia.
- The low fat sweet acidophilus milk is rich in vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin B1 and folic acid. All these vitamins help in the strengthening of bones and muscles in the body, contributing to your immune system.
- If you are suffering from digestion problems and constipation, then sweet acidophilus milk can help you with your bowel movement by ensuring easy passage of the stool.
- If you are looking for an energetic and healthy drink, then sweet acidophilus milk can surely help you out. The consumption of it has helped many to gain weight. It also helps in dealing with low glucose problem and helps maintain high energy levels.
- The bacterium is probiotic, which is naturally present in the female reproductive system and gastrointestinal tract. The bacterium prevents the body from many immunity problems by attacking pathogens.
How and where to buy acidophilus milk
Since acidophilus milk is a newer product, hence a question regarding its availability is bound to arise.
Well, the availability of the sweet acidophilus milk varies from state to state. In some states it is very difficult to find a store with sweet acidophilus milk but in many states the sweet acidophilus milk is readily available, thanks to a number of locally available brands. They are widely available in Midwest Region of California. Some of the popular acidophilus milk brands are – Heartland Dairy Farms manufactures the Knudsen Sweet Acidophilus Milk, Safeway Inc produces Lucerne Acidophilus Plus Bifidus Milk, Mayfield Dairy Farms have the Nurture 1% and 2% Acidophilus Milk and Purity Dairy Farms manufactures Purity Sweet Acidophilus Milk.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are committed to have a healthier body, then this is a drink that you shouldn’t part with.